• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraud on Adobe Stock

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a login on a computer that wasn't mine a couple days ago and (3) charges to adobe stock amounting to $480. I contacted support, assuming this would be easily reversed, and come to find out Adobe's "support" is actually designed to deflect on basic questions, treat informed people like idiots, lie, and then refuse to refund. 

I was simultaneously talking to text support as well as on the phone, where the text support person inevitably offered a refund that phone support said that I would not get. Phone support asked for my text support chat number which I refused to give in case he tried to reverse the decision. So ultimately I should get my money back but this speaks to a larger issue. I'll start by saying that the purchases were all made to the same Stock author, likely meaning there is some fraudulent activity where people are purchasing their own assets through other people's accounts for profit. The assets purchased were of random images of homes and forests in Nicaragua. I didn't have any other fraudulent activity on my other online accounts or credit card. This is an Adobe-centric problem.

Second, I wasn't notified of the login to a random computer -- just the purchases. When I asked Adobe support what country the purchases were made in, I was told "the US." When I then asked for them to send me proof that the IP address was registered in the US, the person told me that it was my account that was started in the US, and that they actually don't know where the downloads were made. When I pointed out the fact that he lied to me, he tried every which way to back track and twist my own words on me, ending with "so how would you like me to proceed." Sir, that's your job!

Be wary of this type of fraud, I'm wondering how widespread it is. Also, don't every engage with Adobe Stock. I hear it's a scam all around and there are much better stock asset providers out there. Finally, if you expect half decent support from Adobe, don't.

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Login: is your account correctly secured? https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html

As for the rest, your story sounds a little bit confusing.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started