• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cite Adobe stock images on website

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I cite adobe stock images that I intend to use on an Adobe website? These images are available in the "free" subscription, and I do not see any information on author/ photographer. Do I need to cite these in-text and in a bibliography?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to credit Adobe stock only when you use the assets in an editorial like situation (or when you credit other authors). How and where you do that is up to you, and depends on common sense and how you credit other assets.  You see, it's flexible. If you have absolutely no clue, check how the newspaper credit assets.

See here for more information on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html

Quote:

• When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, etc., you must include the credit line mentioned on the Adobe Stock website and contained in the IPTC credit line field. For example, “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com." 

• When images or videos are used in films, TV shows, podcasts, and so on, you must include the credit “Image(s) and/or video(s) used under license from Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com.” 

Unquote.

(nb. this is for illustrative editorial, but it is also needed for assets that are not marked as illustrative editorial, but are used in an editorial sense)

The author's name can be found on the licensing history page, the asset's page and in the IPTC fields.

Abambo_0-1721660645293.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started