• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download image as svg instead of AI to use with VS Code?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to coding currently in a Fullstack Bootcamp. We use VS Code. I like some of the vector images however when i download them they are in .AI format when i download as jpeg the have the stock lipsom info embedded in the photo. how do I fix these 2 issues?

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Download , General , Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector images are sold in one of the formats EPS, AI or SVG. You can't choose which one you get. You would need to convert them to SVG instead, perhaps by using Adobe Illustrator.

If you are getting the Adobe watermark, you are not downloading the Adobe Stock image that you paid for. You are downloading the preview, available before you buy. Licensed images are transferred to your library in the Adobe cloud, and you have to download them. Licensing an image does not remove the watermark in any previews you downloaded before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do I fix these 2 issues?

By @james30928388brvp

If an asset is uploaded as an Adobe Illustrator or EPS file, it is not available as an SVG file and vice versa. And if it is not an SVG file, you will not know in advance if it is an EPS or an Illustrator file. If you get an Illustrator file, you can't be sure that the file has embedded PDF data. So, there is a good deal of useful information that the buyer is missing.

If there is text embedded in the file, the use of JPEG or PNG is limited, as the text is burned in and can't be easily taken out.

For all these reasons, you will need access to a current Illustrator version that allows you to edit the file as you need.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started