Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the fotolia licenses back

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I purchased fotolia photos more than 10 years ago and did not make the synchronisation to adobe account, so I don't have access to the licenses. I don't have my fotolia login and password.

I wrote an email to support service a week ago and the only response I get was that the case is closed. I answered that I don't understand why it is closed because I did not get any answer to get my licences back.

I saw a link given recently to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html but I don't see the chat link.

Please tell me how to get my licenses back.

Thanks,

Alexandra

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

It seems rather unreasonable to expect Adobe to resolve this 10 year old issue when you cannot supply any of the original login info and you never bothered to link your accounts in the last 7 years since Adobe acquired Fotolia.

Can you find the images that you previously licensed in the Adobe Stock database? If so, start the free trial and license them again, then cancel the trial within 30 days if you don't want to continue to subscribe to Adobe Stock thereafter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could see the chat link in another browser. But nobody could help me.

Here is the problem :to synchronize my Fotolia account with Adobe account, I need to connect to Fotolia account. But I don't have my Fotolia login, my Fotolia password, and the email address related to the Fotolia account is no longer valid.

If I ask for login and password it will be sent to the no valid email address.

I also need to get access to the photo I bought.

I have 3 Fotolia invoices, there is a customer number but nothing else to help to synchronize.
Is there someone who had the same issue and can help me ?

Many thanks,

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandra,

Fotolia has been acquired a long time ago by Adobe, and for several years, it was straightforward to synchronize the accounts. The Fotolia site has been closed, however, and the only way to synchronize is now via customer support. It is, however, quite difficult to help you, if you do not have your Fotolia login and password and if the e-mail address attached to the account is no more valid.

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

For support via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I alreardy tried the email to support and received a "close case" message with no more informations. I had three real people on chat and no one of them were able to help me. The last answer I got was "you can purchase new photos".

My request is serious, please don't send me more links to click on,  I tried them all and with an email address not valid for my fotolia account I need the intervention of someone ot the help of someone who had the same issue.

Thanks

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems rather unreasonable to expect Adobe to resolve this 10 year old issue when you cannot supply any of the original login info and you never bothered to link your accounts in the last 7 years since Adobe acquired Fotolia.

Can you find the images that you previously licensed in the Adobe Stock database? If so, start the free trial and license them again, then cancel the trial within 30 days if you don't want to continue to subscribe to Adobe Stock thereafter.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks I understood since this morning (in France) that it will be impossible to get the photos and licences back. It happens the same things with movies I bought some years ago and the company was bought by another company and all my movies was gone. This virtual world is ephemere.

The idea to try the free trial is good, thanks.

I have invoices and I have original photos on my computer and external hard drive, so I imagine it is enough to prove the licence, in case of need. If this can help anyone who lives in another time reality, where years are like days.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have invoices and I have original photos on my computer and external hard drive, so I imagine it is enough to prove the licence, in case of need.

By @AssociationAkali

That's enough.

It is always recommended to download the assets (videos, photos, programs) that you buy and keep them secure. This is also true for the proof of purchase and the licensing terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My request is serious, please don't send me more links to click on,  I tried them all and with an email address not valid for my fotolia account I need the intervention of someone ot the help of someone who had the same issue.

Thanks

Alexandra

By @AssociationAkali

Yes, but my links are the answer to your request. Only Adobe customer service can provide a solution to this. If they can't because it is not possible in your situation, then nobody can help you. I would guess that an invalid e-mail does not help your case.

Any user with a different experience from 2018 or may be 2019 won't help, as at that moment, the Fotolia site was still on-line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started