Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licence an image again for another client

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in adobe stock, according to the licence agreement I can use a licene for one customer but if I want to use the same image for another client I would need to licence that image a second time.

Is it technically possible to licence an image a second time, I can not find any button to licence images twice. Please help.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Hi @Roman5CAD,

License again is available from your License History.

EvilBugQueen1_0-1644341998699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roman5CAD,

License again is available from your License History.

EvilBugQueen1_0-1644341998699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't understand is that since you are not required to name the client how anyone knows which client it is for or indeed why licencing it a second time makes any noticable difference since no clients are required to be named. The idea that this licence is somehow transfered to the client is also impossibly vague. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are responsible for keeping track of the licencing needs. There is nothing vague in this concept. Read the licencing terms and it will be completely clear. For each customer, where you use an asset, you really require having a separate licence.

If you use the same licence for a different client, you are indeed violating your licence agreement, and you could be prone to prosecution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started