Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License Music for short films showing at Film Festival

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I've made a short film with music from Adobe Stock (standard license) that im planning on submiting to film festivals. Does the standard license cover screenings at film festivals? Do I need a different license type?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Audio , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this page 

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Visual Assets

An Adobe Stock perpetual, worldwide license allows you to use your licensed asset in all media, including print, presentations, broadcasts, websites, and on social media sites. Please see the summary of restrictions below or read the Terms & Conditions for more details.

I believe the type of license you'll need is dictated by the number of views you anticipate.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sound is not my thing. But except if you are an Enterprise customer, Adobe stock offers only standard licences. If you need a higher licence, you are out of luck.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started