• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit imposed on free assets?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there suddenly a limit imposed on my 'licsenced for free' images?  I have suddenly (today) been told I've reached my daily limit of downloading from here:  https://stock.adobe.com/uk/free and the person in chat has told me I now need a subscription - but I only want to use the FREE images, and not the paid for images.....

TOPICS
Download , Plans and purchase , Stock API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Hello @Orton Marketing Limited

The current behavior aligns with expectations. We have recently reduced the free daily download limit, resulting in the appearance of a pop-up message informing you that your daily limit of free downloads has been reached. For non-paying Adobe Stock users, the limit is now set at 3 downloads per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

I was just able to download 10+ free stock assets, so it looks like they've recently bumped up the daily limit. Not sure what the new limit is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is free alternative to Adobe Stock also if they take away the free alterntiv or limit it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this a week ago and I couldn't find anywhere what the limit number of downloads was until one day I had to count it and yes, it is 3. And it was unexpected, from one day to another and just like that. I pay for the Creative Cloud Suite and I can't believe they restricted the free downloads even for people who pay the service monthly. I kind of get it for people who doesn't have a subscription of any kind, but please, the cost is not cheap AT ALL and now they do this...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock has always been a separate subscription, and not included in the subscription price for any other Adobe product. In fact, you don't even need to use Adobe products in order to access Adobe Stock images.  However, ~2 years ago Adobe decided to build a database of "free images". Being a Creative Cloud subscriber was not a prerequisite for downloading those free stock assets. In other words, CC subscribers were not "entitled" to any particular number of free assets. Though their strategy was not communicated, I would assume that free assets were made available to address competition, and to increase Adobe Stock subscriptions . A daily download limit for free assets was set at that time, but the actual limit was not communicated. It was recently reduced to 3 in a 24 hour period, and no reason for this change was given. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kind of get it for people who doesn't have a subscription of any kind, but please, the cost is not cheap AT ALL and now they do this...? 

By @Mariel27266861y30l

When I started with Adobe Creative Cloud, there were 0 free assets available. Now you can download 3 per day. That is progress. I agree, however, that coming down from 100 free assets per day (???) that is a regress. Download your 3 assets and come back again tomorrow for the next three. You just need to organize yourself a little different. I never hit the 3 assets/day limit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Adobe will start to see an influx of Adobe accounts being created and used without any subscriptions being purchased. A 97% decrease in free stock downloads is horrendous. I could understand limiting free stock downloads for accounts without any active subscription, but to those of us who pay an ever-increasing amount every month to access Adobe products, this is such a sad move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 97% decrease in free stock downloads is horrendous.

By @peterspeter

100 assets per day was horrendous, too. People hitting that limit were hording assets. 3 is limitative, but you can licence again after some waiting time. Anyhow, if you build your busines model on free assets, Adobe stock is the wrong place to be.

As the assets are free, I suppose, complaining could be limited to a free rant, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change is definitely because of the rise of AI generated content. They know the writing is on the wall and they want to squeeze as much money as possible before they lose everyone entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change is definitely because of the rise of AI generated content. They know the writing is on the wall and they want to squeeze as much money as possible before they lose everyone entirely.

By @SkylorBeck

That, I would say, is nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember this in five years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember this in five years

By @SkylorBeck

Will you remind me, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I follow your logic. If the users of Adobe Free assets don't find what they're looking for in Adobe's database of free assets, or have exhausted their daily limit, they'll either just wait until the next day to download more or go to another source of free assets or enroll in a paid stock subscription. So how does Generative AI influence that decision?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to download 10+ free stock assets, so it looks like they've recently bumped up the daily limit. Not sure what the new limit is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started