Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

regarding copyright

Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can I use images or videos downloaded from Adobe Stock for commercial purposes (such as my company's website or product guides) without violating copyright laws?

2. If I modify the downloaded material (e.g., add text to a photo, change a part of a picture, etc.), will I be in violation of any copyright laws?

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Yes

2) No

Basically that is what stock is for. You licence items (also from the free collection) for commercial and non-commercial use and you can modify the asset as you need, with some exceptions (ex: you can't use these assets for the tripple X sector). 

Please note that ther are different licencing level (Standard, Extended, Enhanced) and depending on the use you have, you may need one or the other. However, all licences allow for 1).

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started