• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard licence terms for book use?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to use a couple of stock images in a book with print run of only 200.  Am I right in assuming that I can use this under Standard licence terms.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Yes, that is correct. As it says in the licence conditions: "Most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations come with a Standard license. With a Standard license, you may:

Reproduce up to 500,000 copies of the asset in all media, including product packaging, printed marketing materials, digital documents, or software."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

From the licensing perspective, there is no difference between for-profit and non-profit uses. A standard licence can be used, if the incentive to acquire the book is not based mainly on the images (like a photo book), but is only supporting the content (like a textbook with some images).

I agree with @Marianne-Deiters that you will not need a higher licence than a standard one, based on what you told us.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. As it says in the licence conditions: "Most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations come with a Standard license. With a Standard license, you may:

Reproduce up to 500,000 copies of the asset in all media, including product packaging, printed marketing materials, digital documents, or software."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would it be OK to use the Standard Image License inside a non-profit making book? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the licensing perspective, there is no difference between for-profit and non-profit uses. A standard licence can be used, if the incentive to acquire the book is not based mainly on the images (like a photo book), but is only supporting the content (like a textbook with some images).

I agree with @Marianne-Deiters that you will not need a higher licence than a standard one, based on what you told us.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started