• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add ability to review stock assets

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you how many credits I've wasted on stock assets that are not what they claim to be. A4 mockups that aren't actually A4, "editable" vector illustrations that have been pathfindered to the point that not much can be changed, "detailed" vectors that have clearly been lazily live traced from a photo.  

Please allow users the ability to rank and review stock assets so others don't waste their credits and we can improve the overall quality of stock assets. 

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Hello @aj574, I see the issue you're referencing with the incorrect map tracing and I've added a credit back to your account. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the vector.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the image numbers please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully, I have to disagree. Bad assets should be reported and removed, not reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If assets are blatantly not what they say they are (ex. a mockup described as A4 that is not in fact A4), then yes, they should be removed. But most of the time it's the details that I can't see until I purchase the license that I really care about. A vector graphic says it's editable and it's technically true in that I can maybe change the colors, but sometimes so many shapes have been combined into a single path that I can't do much else with it. Or it's been live traced and can't be scaled up without looking terrible and defeats the purpose of having a vector. I can learn more about a product on Amazon and a listing on AirBNB from reviews than I can from the product/listing description. So why not the same here? I'm a freelancer who doesn't have an unlimited supply of credits at their disposal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you licence an asset that does not meet your quality requirements, report the asset ID in the stock forum, with a small explanation what does not work. 

Adobe will refund your credit (😁) and when they agree with your criticisms, they will remove the asset.

Your lost time will unfortunately stay with you. 

Sometimes, the error is just a problem of not knowing how the asset works. A volunteer in the fora may chime in and check that for you and advice on how the issue can be solved. 

(As a side note: Adobe is checking the possibility to include a reporting tool on the asset page, but that can also be over used and abused. We all know how social media works!)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one example of why I would like to be able to review a stock asset. I was looking for a map of North America where individual states/territories/countries were individual shapes. I have no idea if that's how a file is set up until I download it. Stock Asset 120847083 is technically a "Map of North america" as the title says. But I don't know anything else. I have to use one of my license credits to download the asset before I can tell that individual states/territories/countries are in fact not individual shapes. There are lines thate create partial borders for anywhere from 2-10 states/territories. The border for USA isn't a closed path. There's some level of detail and border accuracy, but not a lot. Again, would be great to share this information within the Stock platform so other users know whether or not an asset will fit their needs before wasting a stock credit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aj574 wrote:

Again, would be great to share this information within the Stock platform so other users know whether or not an asset will fit their needs before wasting a stock credit.

If the asset is bad, and you report it here, you will be refunded your credit and the asset will be deleted. So the review would be a futile effort.

@Contributor1 ?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @aj574, I see the issue you're referencing with the incorrect map tracing and I've added a credit back to your account. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the vector.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started