• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Usage of Substance Community textures

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a freelance 3D artist and want to confirm that I'm able to use the free textures from the Substance 3D Community Assets on my client's projects as long as I include the orginial creators name on the project release, correct?

For reference, I modeled characters for my client's nft project and have different texture varitions on each of the renders. Although I made many textures myself in substance painter I want to utlize some of the free community textures, but want to confirm for legal reasons how to properly credit the orginal artist.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Hi Noelle,
The Substance 3D Community Assets platform follows the Adobe terms of use as well as additional terms specific to the platform.
As you will see in the terms, it is appreciated that you credit the artist but it is not mandatory

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Substanceforum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Noelle,
The Substance 3D Community Assets platform follows the Adobe terms of use as well as additional terms specific to the platform.
As you will see in the terms, it is appreciated that you credit the artist but it is not mandatory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources