Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Viewport looks awful

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. first post here.

I am trying to use Substance Designer and I followed this tutorial.
For some reason that for the love of me I can't figure out, my viewport refuses to look like it does in the tutorial. I followed every step directly but it just looks awful:

   

Screenshot 2021-11-16 090158.jpg

If I zoom in on the 3D viewport, you'll see jagged edges and "low topology" in the viewport object.

my_result_zoomed.jpg

this is how it's supposed to look like:

howitshouldlook.jpg

Needless to say, I googled it and tried many things before posting.

PLEASE, if you know what causes this, please please please let me, know this is very frustrating.

TOPICS
3D View

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey zakrise,

It might be worth checking your material settings. 

In the viewport go to Materials/Default/physically_metallic_roughness/ and choose tesselation if not already chosen.

dzigakaiser_0-1637156528335.png

Then check the parameters on the right. In the "Height" section check if your scale is set to something higher than 0 and increase the tesselation factor to get a smoother viewport result.

Keep in mind that those are shader settings which do not affect your export. Contrary to my screenshot I usually like to keep scale at 1 as this would be the default in other software packages.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck!

Dziga

Creating worlds for screen and paper - also offering photo resources and HDRIs on www.dziga.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there no more editing functionality in this forum???

Anyways, what I wanted to add: In the screenshot I posted I have to go to a tesselation of 32 to get somewhat smooth viewport results.

Creating worlds for screen and paper - also offering photo resources and HDRIs on www.dziga.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines