• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account dilemma with Substance Apps

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say first of all that I absolutely loved Alegorythnic as a company, biggest thing to happen to the CG and game industry EVER. Then Adobe aquisiton was the worst thing. Im gonna leave it there cause I could go deep into this. 

My company pays for my Adobe account, so I have access to all the apps for my job. But that doesn't include substance apps, this is something I've always paid for myself separately, of course it was easy as it was completely seperate software ecosystem. I paid monthly when I needed it. Using their activation system. Easy. 

Now I've come to use Substance suite again for some upcoming projects and realise I have a problem now it's an Adobe App. I work simultaneously in all my apps for different things so I can't be logging in and out of creative cloud  accounts for different applications, that would be a nightmare as all my apps would close. I basically just want to be able to use substance suite like I used to and still keep my Adobe apps within the same account that my business has always paid for. 

My agency will not buy substance suite nor do they need it, I just want to do it on a personal level but still keep my original Adobe apps linked to my agency's..

Is there a way to get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase perpetual licenses of Substance Designer and Substance Painter via Steam:

However, you would need to install the Steam Client - available from store.steampowered.com/about - in order to download and use both apps. Also, both licenses do not include access to the Adobe Substance 3D Assets platform (previously Substance Source).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not ideal, I use other apps too like you said Substance source and also alchemist, that's called Sampler or whatever now. 

you need to add a better way of using different accounts, with the substance suite IMO. They are different workflows and people like me who use Adobe apps professionally but do freelance 3D work need to be able to purchase a monthly sub of Substance apps that's seperate to the core Adobe apps, at least add a way of being able to add another account so I don't have to keep signing out. 

going to try and transition over to quixel cause trying to get this to work is a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that I don't work for Adobe.

I agree it's less than ideal 😞 May I ask you to contact either Adobe Customer Care¹ or Substance²? Maybe they can help sort this out for you.

¹ https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (click the "circle with a speech bubble" icon on the bottom right to initiate a Chat)
² https://www.substance3d.com/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah apologies! I thought you worked for Adobe.

Yeah I will contact them, as it's so frustrating I can't use SP at the moment, I want to move to quixel but don't have time to learn a new program at the moment. 

thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same exact problem you described!

A business account with all the 2D applications and personally using Subtstance. 

Please let us know if you found a solution.

It would be great if Adobe would allow using licenses from different accounts in the CC app simultaneously or at least make it more convenient to switch accounts in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines