• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Barely any Height Displacement/Tessellation in 3D Viewport

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, just starting out with Designer and I've run into an issue where any adjustments I make to the height displacement of my materials appear to either not be reflected in the 3D Viewport, or are very miniscule compared to the examples I'm following online.

Examples:

https://i.imgur.com/jWFHEfv.png

https://i.imgur.com/GUJCXTX.png

Under the Materials tab: I've set Adobe Standard Material to "Tessellation + Displacement", the Height Scale is set to 1, and the Tessellation Factor is set to 16. I've also tried setting the Renderer to IRay but this doesn't appear to solve it.

Any ideas as to why the height displacement is so minute for me?

Thank you!

TOPICS
3D View , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hello,

You may increase the Height scale parameter in the material properties of the 3D View to a value of 10, for instance. This specific issue is covered in this page of our documentation.

The recommendations I shared in this thread for making the most of the Tessellation displacement technique are also relevant.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you need more guidance.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

You may increase the Height scale parameter in the material properties of the 3D View to a value of 10, for instance. This specific issue is covered in this page of our documentation.

The recommendations I shared in this thread for making the most of the Tessellation displacement technique are also relevant.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you need more guidance.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines