Exit

Best software to design clothes

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

Hope you are all well.

I looking for the best software to design different items from Trench Coat to bags.

What will be the best software to help me design to see 3D pattern so I can send to produce physical pattern.

I have been drawing on paper my design in the past but I would love to find something better to share designs..

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and advices.

regards

Richard 

TOPICS
3D View , General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

I assume you want to make actual clothes and articles, as opposed to clothes for CGI models, although software is available for both.

Take a look at this article which may help start your thinking.

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/3d-learning-hub/3d-printing-software/best-cad-fashion-design-software/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you want to make actual clothes and articles, as opposed to clothes for CGI models, although software is available for both.

Take a look at this article which may help start your thinking.

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/3d-learning-hub/3d-printing-software/best-cad-fashion-design-software/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Many Thanks for the following - i will check this out.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard - are you planning to design as hobby or you are planning to design in order to produce. 

If your end goal is volume production, I have some recommendations

• Optitex: This one is Industry-standard software with robust features for complex garments and patternmaking. Most factories suppliers use this
  • CLO3D: The positive point of CLO3D is that is indeed its user-friendly interface with extensive fashion libraries and animation tools. It generates professional patterns and integrates well with other production workflows. Think of this as a new shiny tool in the town.
  • TUKA3D: Powerful software for design, technical development, and virtual sampling. It is not good for startups though. It is geared towards medium-large businesses with larger budgets.
  • Marvelous Designer: This one is popular for realistic draping and fabric simulation. Good for garment design, but fairly limited patternmaking tools.

If you are looking for professional help in terms of developing your fashion line. I would recommend checking out the resource section of [Reference removed by moderator]. They are clothing suppliers, you don't have to work with them. They have plenty of tools and checklist that could help you get started and scale in a professional manner. Here is the link [link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines