• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checking PBR Base Color more accurately?

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm currently Substance Academy Series: Getting Started with Substance Designer, and we're now learning the PBR BaseColor/ Metallic Validate Node, which allows to see if are colors are ok. Geen equals ok, red equals bad.

I was wondering if there was a Node, an option, or even a 3rd party plugin, that will show us which Node is making the range go to the extreme, to where it gives us the red?

This would be specifically useful, when it's only red tiny spots. Now, I was able to fugure out which Node it was, but I was curious to see if there's a more accurate tool that will tell us which Node is the culprit.

TOPICS
General , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @HandsomeDragon,

Unfortunately, such a tool is not available in Designer. It would either require we work on the Substance Engine to raise a flag when a computed value is out of a given range, or using the Python API.

That being said, the Python API currently does not have access to the node image cache, so performing the checks you suggested would require saving the result of each node upstream of the PBR Validate node to a bitmap file, then parsing these images through Python using an external image processing module.

For the time being, checking upstream nodes with a PBR Validate node using a dichotomic search would be a simple an reasonably quick solution.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines