• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I workaround size 5 limitation in shape splatter?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirkr5689_0-1676895842533.png

I am trying to do grass and would like  densier  distribution . Is there a way to do it in same shape splatter node ?    By having unrestricted shape multiplier  probably like with fx -map?

TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is clamped within the shape splatter node.

If you save a copy of the shape splatter node and open it, you can modify the processing within it to create your own modified version, but is not as simple as just unclamping the max 'Scale' input. Doing that still results in the max value of 5 still being used within the processing, so you will need to edit the functions being used by the pixel processors within the node.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I understand it. I just couldn't  find  what math exactly  is in control of that limit.   When  I try to unclamp the scaling  factor  the things are just getting cropped  and that's all.    So to be exact I need to know  what math function and where  is in control of  that crop ?     Any why  it's limited at all ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see all the functions driving the node if you copy it and open it for editing. It is complex though and uses several pixel processors, each with its own function. The scaling value is used in one the pixel processors labelled 1322881960

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but it doesn't look like anyhing in that processor  fixes the crop size .   It can upscale the images themselves but they would just be cropped  off by a sort of a frame related to the number  ot grid cells .   So more scattered things you have smaller the crop  and thus  harder to reach  desirable density.

kirkr5689_0-1677060764968.png

Here is what I get if just increase the size allowance.

My guess I could just make 1ike 10 splatters in sync  with height blended  result   but not sure  it would still be speedier than fx-map node ?   For some uncertain reason  after two splatters  each next one is getting more and more  slow .

I wonder is it a limitation by  design?  Nothing we could workaround?  I ask because all similar noises scattering  elongated details are still fx-maps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processors work together, which is why just removing the limitation on the one value does not achieve unlimited scaling. You would need to go through the graph and amend the functions across chain to create an amended version that meets your requirements. It would be a good exercise in discovering and learning how the node works.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see nothing related to the scale  of such frames exactly in other nodes.   Spent quite a while for this .    It's actiually the exact question I need an answer for.  What defines those frames and how to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines