How do I delete unused dependencies? v11.2.0

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I'm reusing a package as template. Everytime I create a new version of the package, it seems like the dependencies list grows longer. Now I'm having 409 errors and their status are "unused". The remove button in the drop down menu doesn't do anything. I also checked the API and I couldn't find "delete dependency" function either.  Is there a way I can delete those unused dependencies? And what's the best practice working with dependencies? Thank you!

KedongHMX_0-1628636614394.png

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to , Scripting , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

My apologies for missing your message when it was originally posted. Another user referenced this post recently, and I may at the very least not leave it unanswered.

There is a known issue where having multiple packages loaded in the Explorer can result in one becoming a dependency of the other. This may be what happened here. We are working on improving dependency management in Designer.

In the meantime, you may open the Substance 3D file (SBS) with a text editor and remove unused dependencies manually. These files follow a simple XML structure so the operation is straightforward: simply delete the content of a <dependency> entry along with the <dependency>(...)</dependency> tags, as shown below.

notepad++_hrc0V42Diu.png

IMPORTANT: Please backup your file before attempting this, as manually editing Substance 3D files may lead to data loss or Designer being unable to load the file.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines