• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Select Specific Mesh Using Index?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

截圖 2021-08-17 上午2.02.59.pngHi,

I am trying a substance 3d procedure modeling, and i duplicated a couple of meshes by using a curve and Array duplication node, and i am wondering that can i select a single mesh using a index like scene browser show?  

Another question is that is there any way that i can display a vertices of curve just like the documantation link shows below.

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sddoc/split-curve-215286519.html#section2

Thx.

TOPICS
How to , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Hello @WilliamWU,

In the Scene browser, Items followed by a number between brackets mean these are instances of a source Item, Instances cannot be individually manipulated and are always processed together.

Instances need to be broken apart into separate Items before they can be manipulated individually. You may do this using the Expand group instances node.

Then, you can use the Filtering expression property of some nodes – e.g. Set material – to select which Item should be impacted by its

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @WilliamWU,

In the Scene browser, Items followed by a number between brackets mean these are instances of a source Item, Instances cannot be individually manipulated and are always processed together.

Instances need to be broken apart into separate Items before they can be manipulated individually. You may do this using the Expand group instances node.

Then, you can use the Filtering expression property of some nodes – e.g. Set material – to select which Item should be impacted by its effect. Alternatively, you may use the Filter scene node to split Items into separate scenes according to a filtering expression*.

* There is currently a bug in the Filter scene node which prevents filtering individual Items in specific cases, which includes the result of the Expand group instances node. This issue is already fixed internally and the problem should thus be solved in a future version of Substance 3D Designer. I appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Regarding how to display curves and their vertices, I used a trick to get this result: I merged together the Corners and Curves resulting from a Split curve node into a single Scene.

Adobe_Substance_3D_Designer_Lv1PZhgk1r.png

We are working on improving the 3D View for better usability. Stay tuned!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines