• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to start a Substance Designer project using an sbs file.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Familiar with Sampler but not Designer. I have created a base material in Sampler which was sent to Designer. I cannot find any instructions on how to begin a project starting Designer with an sbs file. Eventually fluked that double clicking would placed the nodes in the graph, etc. But there is no way to connect the nodes to enable further editing. Where do I find this information?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use the Adobe cloud myself so I'm not familiar with the officially supported method to copy materials between programs, though I'm sure this is documented though.

Anyway... it's easy. Since you have access to the SBS file you can do 2 things... Either start a new substance graph in Designer, then drag & drop the SBS file in there.

A better approach though is to use the "Open packages" option: click, point it to the SBS file and the material should load & appear in the explorer window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines