• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there automation tool to quickly change multiple images?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say for example I have folder with 100 images in it. I would like to perform some operation on those images in Designer and replace them (or save in another folder but with same filenames).

Let's say I wanna blur every image and change it's levels. Is there a quick way way to perform these operations on all the images without manually connecting 100 input and output nodes and then renaming nodes, so the filename output will match?

Blur and level values would be this same for every image. No need for variation here

TOPICS
General , Import & Export , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

In your designer install folder (default C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Designer) there's a command line tool called sbsrender.exe sbsrender | Substance 3D Automation ToolKit (adobe.com) it ships with the default SD install you don't need automation tool kit for it. it's a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to pass the commands but well worth it then you just create whatever substance archive you want and run it over the directory, I use powershell to manage it.

You can also ru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your designer install folder (default C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Designer) there's a command line tool called sbsrender.exe sbsrender | Substance 3D Automation ToolKit (adobe.com) it ships with the default SD install you don't need automation tool kit for it. it's a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to pass the commands but well worth it then you just create whatever substance archive you want and run it over the directory, I use powershell to manage it.

You can also run it in parallel, I'm currently running 32 instances at a time via Houdini TOP network to batch create dynamic textures, works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines