• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Suite not included in educational licence for students

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to aquire Student Licencing for adobe Substance 3d,  (charging  50 dollars for 4 apps (as an individuals ) meaning in total we"d have to pay between 40 and 60 dollars total) when the apps that were free  to students originally on substance.com,  and  the Adobe Suite, doesnt include them at all, I am unable to use them except in trial form, for 30 days... which is quite inconvienient for  any students persuing game design like myself, who require them...

That being stated , the legacy software will become more and more antiquated as time goes on,, causing incompatability issues as the new suite becomes more and more advanced

is this an error that is being rectified, since it is reletivly newly integrated, or something? 

(i wasnt sure where to submit feedback for this, 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Student licenses for Desiger, Painter and Sampler are still available for free on Substance3d.com

The full Substance 3D Collection is also available as part of the Adobe Education plan for higher education institutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Student licenses for Desiger, Painter and Sampler are still available for free on Substance3d.com

The full Substance 3D Collection is also available as part of the Adobe Education plan for higher education institutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Substance3d.com student licence only works with the pre-adobe versions of the apps, there is no way to apply it to updated versions, and the advertised addition of student access to higher-ed creative cloud is not available (at least at my college). 

Substance was an important part of my process as a student, and it's a shame to lose access, but I'll need to adapt to a new product instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free student version works with the new updated versions (and future updates) as long as you download them from Substance3d.com and not through CC Desktop. I also believe the rollout to universtities is ongoing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good news, thank you for responding, I had dropped back to the older substance launcer installable versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the Substance3D website being deprecated at the end of September 2022, will students and teachers still have free access to the Substance family through a new/alternate means? The website currently says that the only way to do this is through the Substance website, but will there be a transition? I'm asking on behalf of the school I work for as we will need to navigate next steps if free direct access will be shut down.

I'm refering to info provided here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/faq-end-of-life-accounts/ and here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/education/ 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. Is there any update on Substance for Universities? I'm preparing our university's computer labs for the fall and I can't seem to find Substance Painter. According to this blog post it should be free for Creative Cloud Edu customers, but it asks me to buy it in the Creative Cloud app. When I try to access Substance Painter through a browser it says "Permission may be required," and to contact an administrator. Is this something that can be turned on in our account by an administrator or Adobe? Thanks for your help!

Blog Post

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/06/28/adobe-substance-apps-now-included-with-creative-cloud-a...

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.07.55 AM.png

CC App

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.18.47 AM.png

Browser

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.10.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.57.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also curious about this with the Universities/Edu licenses. Any updates with how those with these licenses can access the Substance apps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Adobe Educational licensing it seems Subtance is only available for Shared Device Licensing. Your administrator needs to build a deployment for your labs. Named licenses (usally used with indivual logins for student/faculty laptops) are apprently not working right now, or they weren't the last time I was in touch with Adobe about two weeks ago. They said they were working to resolve the issue. In the meantime you can direct students and faculty to create accounts and get copies on their own here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/education/.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @defaultygwko2t1oe7y , do we know if there has been any updates to resolving the named licneses? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is looking at this issue some point in the future, I'd like to add that as of November 2nd, 2021, despite the apps being available in the launcher to install at our university (which has the all apps creative cloud license for all students), installing on individual machines is still not supported.

I hope Adobe can fix this issue as soon as possible, it has been months since this was promised. This acquistion has been very rocky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really annoying. I need to use substance at home to do work but i cant because the files i save from the Uni PCs are not compatable with substance from the substance launcher. 
I was supposed to get ALL apps in my creative cloud student licence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, this is becoming a joke, and not a funny one. these apps have been working on our name user licences and now they are not!!! and this has been weeks!

We pay a hugh sum of money for users on both FE and HE campusses to have access to all apps on site and at home, I realise that we get a healthy dicount for education, but discounted broken sogtware is still notgood value for money! 

I will start sending the 40 + irate faculty and student users who are ready to march with pitchforks and torches to your door rather than mine if this is not resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines