• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substancer Designer material generation looks different than in Painter?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My cement/brick material in Substance Designer is supposed to generate small clusters of bricks over the texture area like this:

EdvinJ_0-1664748392176.png

but for some reason when I export it to .sbsar and import it into Painter the clusters of bricks look massive and unnatural like this:

EdvinJ_1-1664748501755.png

I have attached the .sbs file for the cement in the post. Any help or ideas as to what could be causing this to happen would be very appreciated!

Thanks,

Edvin

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Thanks

I exported the material as sbsar and dropped it onto a plane in Painter I see exactly the same effect as I saw in Designer. However, it changes if I click on, and change, the Random Seed value. Could you have done that in yours? Try resetting Random Seed by typing 0 into the value. Does it now look like you saw in Designer?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't test your material as it has a dependency on another sbs called wall_cobblestone which you have not included

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah of course, apologies! Attached the dependency sbs here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I exported the material as sbsar and dropped it onto a plane in Painter I see exactly the same effect as I saw in Designer. However, it changes if I click on, and change, the Random Seed value. Could you have done that in yours? Try resetting Random Seed by typing 0 into the value. Does it now look like you saw in Designer?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the answer, I believe I tweaked the seed in my Substance Painter scene while working on it and it could have caused a bug. I couldn't manage to make the smart material appear as in Substance Designer in my scene, but I worked around it by rerolling the seed to something similar.

As the problem came up in a test scene I created as well the problem still seems to persist for me, but since I found the workaround its not a big issue for me but I might look into it in the future!

Thanks,

Edvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines