• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add ability to store and sample an array in the pixel processor

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the pixel processor, I would like to be able to store the result of a part of a function in an array/temporary image (up to the same size as image size) and have that stored array/temporary image available for sampling, modifying and re-storing in subsequent runs of the processor (i.e. for every pixel processed).

This would increase the power of the processor, for example to build a mask as each pixel is processed and use and modify that mask when the next pixel is processed.

If the final array(s) could be output alongside the normal pixel processor image output - even better

Dave

Idea No status
TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

We would also very much like to have Arrays inside Substance 3D Designer. To be honest, this is already an internal discussion, but it will take some time and we've currently no plans to share.

Thanks for the suggestion and have a nice day!

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Cyril
The key for me is the ability to output that array (which could simply be an image) from one pixel processing pass and sample it when the next pixel position is processed etc. A form of loop where that 'array image' is modified in each pass.

One practical example where it would be used, is to avoid collisions in scattering.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate