• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any idea on how to modify the "Document Channel+Normal+AO(With Alpha)" Preset??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a very dumb question, but a client sent me a file with docens of materials and 7 udims (and me being a noob at this workflow didnt realised that having materials is an issue if not planned), and now i cant use the textures because instead of 35 i have 250ish textures.. so im ussing TextureSetCombiner (TSC) to put them back toghether but TSC doesnt work well with udims as far as i can see, soooooo....

TLDR

i would like to edit the "Document Channel+Normal+AO(With Alpha)" (the preset that works with TSC) export Preset to put the "_AO", "_BaseColor", etc. at the end of the texture filename, instead of the UDIM Number, but aparently that export preset is not on the list of editable presets so, im a bit loss on what to do...

any suggestions??

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an answer, but I would also  like an answer to this exact same question.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aparently everyone is strugling with a version of this... i have been making a few tests and i think i hacked it.. its a very choppy solution buuuuuuut..... 

I really hope i dont confuse you

I recreated a version of the "Document Channel+Normal+AO(With Alpha)", not really sure how its composed, but i reacred the pbr metallic roughness preset and added AO but all the channels are made with RGB+A channels (im sure this is wrong is so many levels IF ANYONE HAS A BETTER HAY TO DO THIS PLEASE SHARE). *see image...

Also changed the name convention so the udim is not at the end.

Also i added an oppacity channel to all the materials and created a folder (at the bottom of the stack) with 2 layers inside. bottom Layer only has op activated at 0 visibility and the top one only has op activated at 100 visibility. (Idk why this is needed but in my tests the exported texture wouldnt be transparent unless i added opacity somewhere in the material)

-----------this makes so the the textures exported have a transparent background

Then just exported normally

Then put the different udims in different folders so TSC doesnt mix different udims

And Finally.. just use TSC for every udim folder you have. i put the number of the udim on the mesh name on TSC so i dont have to put them manually...

Hope that helps, its a bit complicated but its something i guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an adendum so the whole process is easier, on painter i put the udim right after the mesh name so the textures are organised by udims and its easier to put them into different folders and just use TSC on each folder.

*Sorry for responding again but cant find a way to edit my previous response. I really hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fantastic help (I don't understand how to recreate all of it, but maybe if I muck around I will).

I've had some luck with just renaming some files, but the Open GL Normal map comes out flat... I'm not sure why the opacity mapping isn't working for that.  But I will certainly try your method.

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That Opacity Layer in the stack is key.  Just one, Full On, seems to do the trick.  All my textures are transparent now, and I can just use PhotoShop to stack them if I want.  And I can name them however I please. You are a rockstar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that it did help you, for mixing all togher i would reccomend you TextureSetCombiner or also theres a few plugsins that will take everything to photoshop and make everything easier, check out that plug in, it may be helpfull for your workflow How to Merge Multiple Substance Texture Sets into One with a Plugin.

Now it would be great if someone that knows how to properly replicate the Document Channel would make an appereance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I might be late but I created the replica! 

bd07fe228846f1d42921c02c7252f495.png

This is my replica of the "Document Channel+Normal+AO(With Alpha)" in which you can remove the ($udim) from the back in order to combine the maps with Texture Set Combiner! (I labeled this preset 'CombinerReg')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, when you are setting up the alpha channel... are you dragging the corresponding input maps into the alpha channel box? like IE dragging basecolor into basecolor alpha? Just wondering as I am not getting a combine texture for my normal map.... or rather an alpha version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh.... im dumb... realized the opacity map was the answer.... big brain moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources