• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bevel along polygon edges

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just starting with substance so forgive the super newness. I know how to use a bevel as an alpha and add a straight line bevel detail on the normal channel. But is there a way to add a bevel that follows a non straight path? like along polygon edges? Or even just along a path traced by the mouse cursor.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have any example? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I'm not good at explaining this stuff. I saw in a tutorial how to assign the straight line bevel in hard surfaces to the brushes alpha so you can stamp extra details into the normal map. This would suit my needs if i could shorten the bevel length without making it skinnier, but it think there's a only uniform scale for the brush. But imagine using polygon fill to select a string of edges and then making that selection beveled in the normal map. That's the effect I'm going for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources