Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining layer instancing and anchor points

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not sure there is information about the way we can combine anchor points and instanced layers. So I encounter a problem with my anchor points the way I work. perhaps someone will have an idea to solve this issue.

I have a layer constructed with some anchor points coming from another layer. So far so good, everything is fine. But if I instance this layer, it destroys the link to my anchor point in mys source layer, and the tab is greyed out when I want to relink the below layer. Is it normal ? Is there a way to instance a layer with anchor points coming from below itself ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, Anchor points don't work with Layer instancing. A workaround could be to make a Smart Material out of all the desired layer (RMB on a group > Create Smart Material), and apply it in the other texture sets. Not really convenient, I agree, but can be usefull.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, Anchor points don't work with Layer instancing. A workaround could be to make a Smart Material out of all the desired layer (RMB on a group > Create Smart Material), and apply it in the other texture sets. Not really convenient, I agree, but can be usefull.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. For now, as it is in the same texture set, I just copy&paste the needed layers but for exporting to another material, I will definitively follow your advice..

Perhaps it could be a suggestion of feature for future releases 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I complete the answer : Wes recently released a video solving the problem with a trick : https://youtu.be/sGYKXZgVVuE?t=790

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources