Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while exporting textures at 2k

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am currently seeing issues with exporting textures from Substance Painter.

I have setup a project where I have 6 'groups' that I turn on/off to export different variants of the texture.

I can happily open a project, open export textures, and then export them to the preset I'm using.

However if I then hide any one of the layer groups, and unhide another layer group, then open the export textures, then try to export them I find that Substance Painter crashes after only a couple of seconds.

I have tried all of the suggestions on the Crash During Export page ( https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/crash-during-export-186975730.html ) including the two registry keys, changing my page file settings, updating drivers, and there is ample disc space available.

The textures are being exported at 2k, and on the first export are working fine.

If I hide the unwanted layer, unhide the wanted layer, change the export location (since I'm exporting them to separate folders to have variants of the texture), then save, exit, reopen Substance, and then export it works fine. But this becomes very slow and tedious if I have to close/re-open Substance to export all 6 variants of the texture sets.

I have attached my latest log.txt and log.back.txt files as well.

Thanks

Zec

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed repro steps and the log; it's appreciated!

Would you be able to share your project at sainteca@adobe.com? I can't reproduce your issue on my side, I tried setting up a project similar to what you describe but everything exported as expected when disabling folders.

I may have a more practical solution for you; have you tried using the user channel as your export channel for each of your group presets? This would allow you to one-click export every variant of your texturing.

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources