• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I export 2D View with Alpha Padding Dilation + Transpaent

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue where the 2D View is exporting with a black fill in the TGA texture alpha area, instead of taking color from the visiblle image and filling/padding with that.

Is is possible to get 2D view export with filled color instead of black?

I've tried changing the background color in the settings but it didn't help. Nor did making the Environment Opacity solid have an effect.

Would like to avoid having the black fill so there's not a black halo around the edge of the visible image in the texture.

TOPICS
Color Management , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @RayC125,

Unfortunately, the behavior you're describing is in fact a bug. Therefore, there's no parameter to edit the black file, because it's supposed to be transparent natively.

Hopefully, this should be fixed in a coming release. In the meantime, you can always rollback to a previous update if needed.

Rollback to previous version.png

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried an older version as suggested and the propblem continued.

I made an example and attached pictures to better explain. As I don't think it is a bug but a render setting. Or perhaps this is not supported.

BASE TEXTURES -look good, exporting with padding as desired. Alpha in channel as expected for TGA file.

Screenshot_example_02.png

2D VIEW TEXTURES- have black or dark gray where alpha is and no padding of the colors. But Alpha is where expected for TGA file.

Screenshot_example_01.png

The dark gray around the red will cause an unwanted halo.

Screenshot_example_03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources