• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display multiple UV tiles on the UV screen in SubstancePainter

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a model with a texture baked in using RealityCapture, and when I load it into SubstancePainter, I have enabled the UV Tile setting, even though I have "Keep UV tile layout per material and enable painting between tiles", Is it possible to have all the materials of the 3D model appear on the UV screen of SubstancePainter for seamless texture editing?
I don't see any UV editing screen on SubstancePainter, so I don't know how to deal with this.

TOPICS
UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello René,

A texture set is defined by a Material ID. Each time Substance 3D Painter finds a new Material ID, it will create a new texture set. If Substance 3D Painter creates a texture sets for each of the tiles, it means that each tile has a different Material ID.

Substance 3D Painter can't edit the UVs, so may I suggest you to check in your 3D software that the mesh has only one material applied before importing?

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet.  Basically just wasted my money on substance painter.  Great answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources