• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Painter good to use?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an "engineering dog", usually using inventor, solidworks and other software to design parts. Recently, I suddenly wanted to use 3D software to create action figures and then 3D print them. I would like to ask which software is more suitable for modeling, and what are some methods for modeling. As a beginner, I usually use 3D scanners for modeling, which is very user-friendly for me. Currently, I am using Miraco 3D  scanner , which can basically meet my daily needs. I also want to use it with post-processing software. I would like to ask if Adobe Substance 3D Painter is good to use and if there are any tips for using it.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

First of all, I'm in the Substance team, so I'm obviously biased, but I'm also a 3D artist who used the application long before joining the company.

It's important to note that Substance 3D Painter is a Texturing software, and it won't help scanning, or modeling action figures. If you’re aiming for realism, the 3D scan is a great option (but will probably require to work on UVs). If you still want/need to model a figure yourself, Zbrush is usually the most appreciated application for this kind of work.

Regarding the Texturing, Substance 3D Painter is pretty easy to handle, and a very powerful tool for complex texturing (especially combined with Substance Designer).

I personally use Photoshop for post process, but there’re surely other software that will meet your needs.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources