• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Material color mismatch

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have this simple material originally created in Substance Designer and then imported to Painter. It just automatically adds some AO and edge highlights, so nothing major.

As you can see in the screenshot the Color set in properties and the color shown in viewport don't match. It is more noticable with dark warm colors. It was working fine until the last Painter update (v7.4.0).

It is possible to somehow fix this? Do I just install the older version?

Screenshot 2021-11-25 184919.jpg 

TOPICS
Color Management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Hi, 

This is indeed a bug! 

I'm looking for a way to avoid the issue, and I will keep you informed if I find any suitable solution. If this is a work stopper, the best solution would be to revert to a previous version of Painter.

We are looking at solving the issue. We can't give you any ETA, though. 

Thanks for helping us improve our software,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you share your generator as I'm not able to reproduce the issue with another generator?

Thank you,

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue only appers in materials created in Substance Designer. Here's the .sbsar file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This is indeed a bug! 

I'm looking for a way to avoid the issue, and I will keep you informed if I find any suitable solution. If this is a work stopper, the best solution would be to revert to a previous version of Painter.

We are looking at solving the issue. We can't give you any ETA, though. 

Thanks for helping us improve our software,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for quick response. Hopefuly it get's fixed soon. 
Kind Regards,

Haykuhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this bug is also causing the problem that I'm facing. I'm currently following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv6pg1O9vEQ

And I'm trying to figure out why my colors are inaccurate in the Suede (boot) and Climbing Rope (laces) smart materials, which are imported .sbar materials. I've double-checked the colors I'm using, and they seem to be matching the ones from the tutorial. The colors seem okay in all the other materials though. For example, the light yellow (E0A016) looks really orange on the boot and laces of my model, but it looks okay on the wheels. This is the screenshot of my workspace: https://snipboard.io/zG5tKv.jpg

For what it's worth, I'm using Painter 2022 version 7.0.4 (Steam Edition).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, OliverPearl!

It might me. I found a way to make it look right in the viewport by changing the color space (can't remember to which one). But it still looked weird in exported textures so I reinstalled an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could rollback to a previous version, alas I can't do that. Hopefully the fix will be deployed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources