Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Material under glass in Painter

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a texture in which the glass is over a piece of metal. Therefore you could see the metal underneath it. I am not sure how to create this as applying the glass material leads it to be entirely made of glass and the metal is not seen underneath. I have added an image of the problem (qns.png) and a stock image of how I want it to look ( stock.png) if my explanation is confusing. Sorry for the trouble. Please help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Please try glass smart material over layers and change opacity of glass layer from starter assets. Here is capture from sample that I have created. You can also change environment map for your needs. Hope this can help.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 160319.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have have 2 dufferent meshes? Glass can cover image. In other words glass object have to be in front of the image object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and help. No I dont have different meshes. I understand the glass has to infront image of the object, but I am unsure as to how I can accomplish this. At first I  thought I have to incoporate the image beneath into the glass material using designer. Is there any other ways I can do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try glass smart material over layers and change opacity of glass layer from starter assets. Here is capture from sample that I have created. You can also change environment map for your needs. Hope this can help.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 160319.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ares for your contribution and help. I tried putting the glass visor smart material over the layer like you've show but it doesnt go over the bottom layer. It is still same as the image i have shown previously. Is it something I am doing incorrectly? I did try changing the opacity as said but it becomes completely see through just like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources