• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about the "Getting Started with Substance 3D Painter" tutorial.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Getting Started with Substance 3D Painter" tutorials a re great.  I have a question about the shelves seen in the tutorial. 

The tutorial reference materials that are not in the Substance Painter install.  For exapmle, the MatFx HBAO is not in Substance Painter by default.  There are other shelves in the tutorial that are not in Painter by default, either.

Question, are the shelves used in the tutorial a seperate purchase?

Sean

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

It looks like you might have the materials filter "on" along with "hide non-applicable folders".

Try going to the bottom right of your shelf and click this, to reset all searches and filters:

2021-09-02_21-26-39.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled as it's in mine. This is the Adobe version (v7.2.3) and I keep downloaded assets in a separate library folder so these are just what was installed initially.

2021-09-02_20-36-04.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello davescm,  this is what I see in my brand new Painter install.  Glad to hear you have it in your install.  Do I need to do anything to my install to get the shelves used in the tutorial?

Attached is a screen grab of my install assets menu.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you might have the materials filter "on" along with "hide non-applicable folders".

Try going to the bottom right of your shelf and click this, to reset all searches and filters:

2021-09-02_21-26-39.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what I needed.   Thank you so much, Dave.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources