Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SP 7.3.1 Crash on startup - OSX 10.15.7

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a RenderMan developer at Pixar and I recently downloaded 7.3.1 to add color-management support to my RfSP plugin but I can't get 7.3.1 to launch.

Here is the output from my shell:

XXX@XXXXXXX:~ > /Applications/Adobe\ Substance\ 3D\ Painter\ 7.3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Substance\ 3D\ Painter 
2021-11-30 10:10:57.381 Adobe Substance 3D Painter[33241:2915903] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
2021-11-30 10:10:57.381 Adobe Substance 3D Painter[33241:2915903] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _CGPreflightScreenCaptureAccess
  Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Painter 7.3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Substance 3D Painter
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

dyld: Symbol not found: _CGPreflightScreenCaptureAccess
  Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Painter 7.3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Substance 3D Painter
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

zsh: abort      

Is that a known issue ? I checked the privacy settings but the application doesn't appear in the screen recording section, probably because it didn't manage to register.

Cheers

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

We identified the issue and have a fix. I don't have a date yet for when it will be available, but we plan to put it out as soon as possible (likely in versions 7.3.2 and 7.4.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a clarification: 7.2.1 and 7.3.0 launch correctly but 7.3.1 and 7.4.0 crash with the same message.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same start up crash with 7.4 nad 7.3.1 on a Mac - instant crash on startup

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _CGPreflightScreenCaptureAccess
Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Painter.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Substance 3D Painter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest sending us a crash report so that we can get a detailled callstack, this way our support team will be able to follow up with you. Here we don't have enough information to track the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Few days I have cannot open PT either ! here is my crash report if that can help

I welcome any help on that, been unable to work for a few days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey just an update, the version of PT 7.3 works pretty fine I just installed that old version. So definitively coming from updates ! I hope this helps ! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Léna Piquet - Froyok 

Here is the Apple crash report. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing is occuring on my mac. it keeps crashing as soon as I open the app and I am not sure what to do to get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Install previous version of Substance Painter, the 7.0 works perfectly that's what I am doing now for the time being !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. I'm on a mac laptop OS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Install previous version of Substance Painter, the 7.0 works perfectly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway to get a link to download the 7.0 version? This website is kind of a nightmare to navigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We identified the issue and have a fix. I don't have a date yet for when it will be available, but we plan to put it out as soon as possible (likely in versions 7.3.2 and 7.4.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get an older version of Painter. I don't seem to be able to go back in time, even though I've been using it for years. What happened to all my old versions of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe Adobe is migrating people over from Alleogorthmic's site. If you not done so, you can cancel your subscription with Allegorithmic and then get Painter via Adobe Creative Cloud and there you are able to easily select the previous version.

Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources