• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter Infinite Save and autosave problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been hurting me for a while, and I've lost a good deal of work over the past couple of years and nothing has been done to fix it.

On the odd occasion, I will either ctrl+S and manual go into File Save and save my project, but it will result in a bunch of processes where it tries to save. I don't get how it can pile on saves when the other saves hasn't finished.

Also autosave is broken. I usually find this out when I haven't saved for a while, and there is nothing in the folder linked in the autosave options for the script. It's a common problem with the majority of people in the office, and is almost a joke now, but not when you've lost a good chunk of work through depending on it.

The onus shouldn't be on the user to remember to save, that's why autosaves exist, especially when the actual save function is bugged. I'm not bothered about your opinion on the onus, can someone please address this, thanks.

Search for 'painter infinite save' in google if you say this isn't a common problem.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Task Manager, wait till you see the saving process and shut it down, then retry saving. You might have to shut down other processes around the core substance process, if the saving process is not showing up right away. (hope this helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this you just saved me a day's work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would the saving process be called in task manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember but also try clearing unused resorces and checking the log if its still not saving after you Identify the saving process, and export your textures if all else fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that helped me that may also work for those who still experience problems after clearing the task manager. The issue queues saves, whether autosave or a manual save and it won't let you register your changes to file. you will see the queued green saving bars at about 25% at the bottom right of the screen. They just sit there, frozen.

All I did to resolve the issue was change the size of my texture set to a lower number. As soon as I did that, the save went through. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It actually doesnt matter whether I change the texture set to a lower or higher number. A change appears to trigger the refreshing thumbnails and the progress of the save queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped me a lot. And you don't need to do unnecessary unnecessary operations, cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!! you Just Save My Time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this still hasn't been fixed in 9.0 build 2585 annoying. I resorted to disabling auto saving as it makes me lose work. this has happened like a good 3 or 4 times so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is folllowing me for all time, autosaves don`t save project at all if they atleast work, then I find that my last autosave was whole week ago, when I saw autosaving for many times every day, or autosaves frozen whole my project till it crash, or even it can cause that I can`t save at all my project even If I shut down all saving processes. That happend to me with different pc, different windows, different painter version. Seems adobe just makes joke with people and will never fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources