Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter settings

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm BRAND NEW to S.P and I have some questions regarding custom settings. 

1. I use Maya and I would like to configure SP so I can use the same control settings that I use in Maya.   In the tutorial I'm using it is stated that the option setting is available when I launch SP but that is not happening for me.  Where do I go to apply these settings?   

I'm currently using  Substance 3D Painter (substance edition).

2. I'm following a tutorial but I've noticed that there are some features that my version does not have such as the SHELF (as per attachment).   How do I bring up the Shelf?    

Note:  In the screenshot, the top red box is from the video and as you can see my version does not have the same.

3. I've read online that there is a plug-in for SP that Maya uses.   Is this something that I should add into Maya or can I do without it?  

4. Lastly, I use Renderman as opposed to Arnold (the renderer being used in the tutorial series).   Is there anything I should be taking into consideration when exporting geometry from Maya to SP?

Thank you.

SP screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?