• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to compute normals because some triangles were to small on high poly part

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to compute normals because some triangles were to small on high poly part

I'm trying to bake my high poly from zbrush on to my low poly but these errors keep showing up and I'm not really sure why, some advice would be great. Never encountered them and my mesh from maya has no errors or ngons it seems. 

Problem2.PNG

Problem.PNG

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that message, but take a look at this thread in the old Substance forum where someone had the same issue due to stray verts.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=34325.0

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,
It is now 2022 . that answer in the thread is not there, from the link you sent. I have the same problem. Can;t export normals because triangles in mesh too small. I don.t want to waste time painting if I can't bring in the normals. I wonder if you will see this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see that thread now. However if I remember correctly, the problem was due to stray single vertices in teh mesh. It was resolved by cleaning up teh mesh and removing such single vertices.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered same problem. Found no fix yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kamil225479176lpq,

I'll check this error with the team, but in the meantime I'd personnaly do a clean Zremesh of the High Poly. For the baking, it's better to have a densier, but more regular topology.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your suggesting not to decimate the mesh? I ask because i been getting this error message recently  on every single piece of geo I try to bake and the only way i can get around this is to set to "Always" instead of "By Mesh Name". One more question does SP have issue with triangles and only like squares since thats what the message is saying? Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as an OBJ and it should fix any issues regarding this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mesh is obj and still causes the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources