• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Cintiq pen pressure or middle mouse click issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So having an issue with Substance Painter 3D and my Wacom Cintiq 22HD.  Current drivers and have followed the Substance setup for Windows Ink.  Here's the issue.  I can either toggle off Windows Ink and I am able to use the MMB to pan around the camera, but I lose pen pressure for my brush.  Or I can toggle on Windows Ink and I get back the pen pressure, but lose the ability to use MMB for panning on the pen.

Workaround is that I keep Windows Ink on and just use my mouse to MMB pan the camera, but this is obviously not ideal and slows down my work.  There used to be a workaround in Photoshop for this kind of thing in the past using Wintab, but that has since been fixed in Photoshop 2022 so didn't know if there was a similar workaround with Substance 3D Painter.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

This is an issues with Wacom drivers 6.3.44. We have reported the problem on our side. Meanwhile, downgrading your drivers to version 6.3.43 should make the problem go away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue I have a Wacom Intous Pro and I have to chose, either lose the hability to pan because with Windows Ink enabled the Middle Click mapped to the pen doesnt get recognized OR lose the pen pressure without Windows Ink but the Middle click in the pen finally gets recognized. Fix this asap please is difficult to work like like this! or completely drop the dependency of Substance Painter to work with the crappy Windows Ink features that is the most unfriendly thing ever created.

I dont know if the Log I uploaded shows that the middle click on pen gets disables once windows ink is enable, but when it gets disabled the middle click on pen works again but the pen pressure instead gets dissable, this is a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, brand new PC fresh install of Windows 10 and everything. Middle Mouse click doesn't work.
If I disable Windows Ink, everything works great EXCEPT Tablet Pressure is gone.

The strange thing is, my laptop, with the same tablet and Wacom Intuos Pro drivers  from like 2018, has no issue in painter. My work machine at the office is the same, same exact tablet, also older Wacom Drivers (I never update drivers for anything if it's working good).

I think there's some kind of screwup somewhere with Subdstance or Wacom or both combined with Windows screwing it up, but it needs fixing. Your program is called "Painter" yet I cannot paint in it. Every other app on my PC works fine for the tablet, Photosshop, Zbrush, 3Ds Max, Blender etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just fixed it for my new machine, by......installing the Intuous Pro Drivers from 2018 that my work PC uses. I don't know which version made things more suck, but I know this version works.

I was on the latest Wacom driver, and now that I've installed "WacomTablet_6.3.31-4" middle click, pen pressure, everything works fine. Infact, the pen feels better just drawing wise now for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that, it's "mostly" fine but the right click stuff is bugging out again on zoom/pan etc

Someone needs to properly get to the bottom of this and fix it as it's an actual issue with Painter I feel as no other software I've tested acts like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Cintiq 16, everything was working just fine and all of the shaden it stopped working. 

Please fix it, there is no way to work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking to Wacom support via e-mail about this and will link to these threads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue and it is a no go as I can work like that.

Intuos CTL-480 and Cintiq 12WX. It has been a nightmare to work with wacom and windows ink for a while now, including ZBrush, Photoshop and now Substance 3D.

How is that possible? We pay for windows, we pay for wacom, we pay for Adobe products and services and a something fundamental like that becomes an issue? I'm extremely frustrated, I'm actually pissed of and can't even get proper support! Come on people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, I CAN'T work like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issues with Wacom drivers 6.3.44. We have reported the problem on our side. Meanwhile, downgrading your drivers to version 6.3.43 should make the problem go away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Just went through the process of shutting off my Cintiq, unistalling the current driver though Programs/Features, rebooting, then reinstalling the previous driver.  Turned on the Cintiq and we are good.  Didn't even have to manage any special settings for either Maya or Substance in order for them to work as intended.  Thank Fabrice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that it's being looked at now, it's taken a ridiculous number of e-mails with Wacom (providing data and screen recordings!) but I am now with someone who is testing the issue.

If it is a known problem - they didn't seem to know about it... but do now. Hopefully we'll get a fix soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources