• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning about outdated GPU driver after updating to latest GPU driver

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Substance Painter version 2020.2.2. Today I downloaded an Nvidia GPU driver update. The next time I opened Substance, I was met with an error/warning:

[GPUIssuesCheck] Installed driver for graphics adapter 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070' is outdated.
You should update them for a better experience (http://www.geforce.com/drivers).
The currently installed version is 30.0.14.7168.
The recommended minimum version is 26.21.14.4250 (442.50 WHQL).

This now gets written to the console log every time I open Substance. Is there a way to stop Substance from performing this check? There seems to be a bug in the driver check version, since I'm using a version higher than the minimum recommended driver.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in the way we detect drivers, it has been fixed in version 7.2.1 (2021.2.1).

You can ignore the warning/skip the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm on a perpetual license for 2020.2.2. Is there some option for perpetual license holders to disable this warning somehow? Or is this just how it will be from now on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

When launching Painter, you should have the following message appearing. 

Just tick the box  (1) the warning at startup should stop; however, the message in the log won't disappear. 

Substance3DPainter_Nvidia_Driver_Issue_at_Startup.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources