• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to paint huge buildings in substnace painter?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a mid-to-small size hangar, 30 m lenght, 8 m height, and 60 m width. I tried with modular pieces but textures doesn't match, i tried the hole building in separed walls with similar UVs (the hangar is done with 3ds max), i tried to do the UVs of all the buidling at once, but once i put it some textures in substance painter, the texture looks really poor Quality.

So, what would be the best way to paint that kind of hangar in Substance Painter? (the image bellow is just a test to show you the size of the hangar)

test.png

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where a building is to be viewed both at a distance and close up, I try and ensure sufficient texels in the image for that close view. To do that I split the surface and use UV tiles (UDIMs). That does not mean every surface has to be textured at that close up resolution. Some parts may only be viewed at a distance (e.g. the roof). The resolution of the texture used in each tile does not have to be the same.

https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials/courses/Working-with-UV-tiles-UDIM-in-Substance-3D-Painter/y...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources