• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Screen on Launch

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Substance Painter the other day, everything was working fine. Then I opened a file and it shows a white screen and it doesn't respond. This happens with every file, and I restarted my computer thinking it would help (it didn't). I saw that other people had this problem as well. I don't think I have the most up to date version of substance (6.2.2) but I am afraid to update it when it isn't working. Attached is what I see when opening a substance file, and a pic of my specs. I believe my driver is up to date as well. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Hi

This is due to the technology that is used for Painter: Qt. We are working on updating Qt to a more recent version and we hope that all the issues with hdpi or multi monitors will be solved.
This has nothing related to migration.
If it goes well it should be released begining of Q1 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Hi

Nahimic is indeed in our list of software conflicts:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/software-conflicts-147095610.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the error. A week ago everything was fine, today I get a white screen, I deinstalled everything even the settings. It worked once! I closed Painter and openend it again, "white screen" crash_handler.exe is running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried everything I could find here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/technical-issues-162005746.html

I checked windows health with cmd panel and installed the latest NVIDIA driver, white screen

Designer is working btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It somehow has to do with a dual monitor setup! When I turn of one monitor in the Nvidia control panel, SP starts. After activating the second monitor again while SP is running it works on both monitors.
When closing and starting SP again, white screen. I didn't change anything on the PC configuration last week!?

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/substance-painter-doesn-t-start-on-the-right-gpu-1...

didn't help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-yea I have the same issue, please fix this adobe, you have inconvenienced us enough with this migration crap. also where is our compensation for inconvenience? this is trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off one monitor worked. Pathetic that this issue was raised months ago and still no fix. wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is due to the technology that is used for Painter: Qt. We are working on updating Qt to a more recent version and we hope that all the issues with hdpi or multi monitors will be solved.
This has nothing related to migration.
If it goes well it should be released begining of Q1 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue. Will you be adding these lost days to our account sub? How do you plan on reimbursing this inconvenience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sharing the log file. I'm having the same issue and I've tried all the solutions that I've found on forums. The only thing that works is unplugging one of the monitors and leaving just one to start Painter, which is super annoying. Any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. After 4 days of trying to fix it with adobe help I got it working by updating Chrome. I just opened it back up 2 days later and its back to the white screen. Please fix this!! I'm going to fail my course if I can't access Painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Belive it or not 
The Nahimic Service is the Issue , it can be stopped in the Services App ( Service.msc in the Run Dialog)

and configured for manual start only or disabled, at least as a Test to see if your issue is indeed Nahimic.

Took me 2 hours to find this post 

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/28384-multi-monitor-issue-fix-for-computers-with-nahimic-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. It worked. I'm crying rn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nahimic is indeed in our list of software conflicts:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/software-conflicts-147095610.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it was Nahimic Service. I don't even know what it is.... Im having this problem in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is becoming unacceptable.  I was experiencing a white screen on my last computer.  Windows 10 pro, RTX 2080ti, Cintiq Pro. If I closed Substance Painter on the Cintiq, it would always display a white screen the next time it started up. And it would quite frequently crash when painting.  I recently updated to a new machine, windows 11, RTX 4090, and I'm using a Kamvas 24plus. And I'm getting the same issue.  This is slowly driving me crazy.  The only fix I've found was to use a small Wacom Bluetooth tablet, and I don't consider this to be a fix.  This looks like it has been happening for years, please invest some time and money into making this a seamless experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to 8.3.1 and I am getting a white screen on launch, I was not experianceing this issue until this update and rolling to an older version was not working either. I have updated the drivers on my video card. I am not sure how to solve the issue and would like some help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @K27342538rnqj,

It's difficult to troubleshoot without more info, so would you mind sharing your log (help > export log), so I can take a deeper look at the issue?

Let me know.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue now. it launches, goes to the home screen then freezes. I cant even get to help to get the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, you'll find it under 

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue.  Im wondering if theres a fix for this yet????  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, May of 2024 and still nothing. Ridiculous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
Would you mind posting a log please, you'll find it here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter.

Have you tried uninstalling Painter and doing a clean install? You can do this by uninstalling Painter and deleting the files contained in the register. Here are the paths that you need to clean: https://helpx.adobe.com/substance-3d-painter/pipeline-and-integration/installation-and-preferences/p...

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources