Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance 3D plugin for Unreal Engine 5

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

As you may have heard, Epic announced and released Unreal Engine 5 yesterday, and we are excited to announce that we have released a soft launch of a new version of the Substance 3D plugin compatible with Unreal Engine 5.

If you're interested in testing out the new plugin, you can download it directly from the Unreal Engine Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/substance-plugin.

Stay tuned for the official release, and if you have questions or comments, please reach out to us here. Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion , UE4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
Has the "live link", which was possible to establish in UE4, been permanently removed in UE5 or will it be implemented in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tommaso240054714kfl, the live link feature is currently not available in UE5, but we are looking to add it again sometime in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"sometime in the future"?!
This is the most necessary tool for Unity and Unreal. Are you kidding? How can I texture objects without using the routine work of exporting textures to the engine and configuring materials? I'm starting to hate Adobe, and believe me, I'm not the only one. Before buying the Substance program, the program was just GREAT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there currently a decent Tutorial vid or directions for using Substance 3D plugin with UE5? Also wanting to use this as part of workflow ASAP. Plzz halp!! sry to post twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there currently a decent Tutorial vid or directions for using Substance 3D plugin with UE5? Also wanting to use this as part of workflow ASAP. Plzz halp!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are currently working on a detailed youtube tutorial for using the Substance 3D plugin in UE5. It's hard to give an exact date, but it will be released very soon (maybe in the next few weeks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the plugin sources files are avaliable somewhere, or we can just get them from the

epic marketplace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the plugin's source files by going to the engine/plugins/marketplace folder of their UE install. Install the plugin to a valid UE install first using the launcher to ensure the source files exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried download from UE Marketplace but it seems only be able to download 4.27.0 or some steps I'm missing ?  Is there a link that I can get the plugin for 4.27.2 and UE 5 EA2 ?

Thanks

~Kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The plugin automatically detects which version of the UE project you're using and downloads the compatible version. So, if you've created a UE 5.0 project, then when you download the plugin hereit automatically downloads the plugin that works with UE 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can tried again.  But I have both 4.27.2 and 5 install and it said You cannot install this plugin as it is already installed to all compatible engines.  I looked at the installed plugin the  "VersionName": "4.27.0.1"  

I tried removed the existing plugin, remove 4.27.2 and I can't get the right version.  Is there a link for version 4.27.2 and UE5 ?  The link you send somehow broken ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm..I removed my 4.27.2 and leave only UE 5EA2

Kelvin24381356tlcs_0-1652465067272.png

When I got to market place it said I cannot install this plugin as there no compatible engine installed.

Kelvin24381356tlcs_1-1652465090449.png

Please advice where I can get source code to compile aginst UE5EA2 and I would need version 4.27.2 as well.

Thanks 

~Kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it said no compatible engine 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelvin24381356tlcs_0-1652730606735.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Here are the steps to install the UE 4.27 plugin with screenshots. Let me know if you're unable to install the plugin correctly.

Step 1: Create a project by launching the 4.27 engine version in the Epic Games Launcher (make sure you keep the project open and maybe close the UE 5 project temporarily as well)
Step2: Install the plugin in the UE marketplace
Step3: Verify if the plugin is installed correctly in the plugins directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 6.59.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 2.01.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 2.01.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 2.08.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be an option to send static mesh objects from UE4 to Substance Painter when you right-click on them, but this option has been removed. How can we send static mesh objects to Substance Painter as before? And the live connection still doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you're looking for the live-link feature in the plugin, then it's not available anymore. We are planning to add this feature back sometime in the future. 

(The only workaround, for now, is to select the mesh object in the content browser - >Right click on the selected object -> Asset Actions -> Export to FBX and then import the meshes into Substance Painter. I'm assuming you already know this, and sorry it's a hassle to export meshes to the painter and then export from the painter to bring back to Unreal. We are hoping to bring back the live-link feature)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seam to have a problem with this plugin in Unreal Engine 5. I use blueprints to change parameter of substances. 

Every time I would change a parameter of a substance graph instance in the packaged project, it crashes and writes: “The [project name] Game has crashed and will...”

I hope that it should be possible to change parameters of substance graph instances in a packaged project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jakob, thank you for letting us know about the issue. The crash seems to be due to some new checks on UE5 texture data for preexisting textures. We're looking into this as a priority issue so we can deliver a fix as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this plugin is a major part in a university project. This now finally working helps me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions