• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting layered PSD

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting i need to enable somewhere for the PSD renders to export with layers?With adobe dimension i used to get PSD files that had the background in one layer, the render in one, sharpened render in a third and then layers for depth, materials and object masks. with substance i don't get all that when rendering to a PSD file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

I reset preferences in both Photoshop and Stager without success. However, If I disable GPU render, I get my layers. This is much slower. Is this how it's supposed to work? Were you able to get layers with GPU render?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Tried with GPU turned off and then i get the layers also, so its related to the gpu rendering it seems. With dimension i got them regardless though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,Hello, is it possible to have a screenshot? if you select PSD in export format, you can 16 or 32 bit/channel and after the export done you should have a PSD with layers like in Dimension. 

Screenshot in French but you should see all the layers rendered with stager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried both 16-bit and 32-bit psd file and they both only result in a file with just three layers.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 105535.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. This feels like a step backwards. I now need to do separate renders without the background and create a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to export PS file with layers. Can you share Stager file to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the file. When I render to a PSD, the only layers are a flat rendered image and a background layer.

https://we.tl/t-aXen60axwr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screenshot of Viewport Camera Rendering for Ps file. You can download Ps file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/zknn9wtmib2im0r/Take%2012-11-Viewport%20camera.psd?dl=0

All layers are available in Ps. Rendering of other Cameras Views in Stager take very long. But I think I will get the same result as for Viewport.

Screenshot 2021-09-20 155611.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least for me it does not matter what camera i render with, all renders take the same time depending on what resolution the camera is set to. So no one knows why it wont render layers anymore? I tried to check if any specific hardware is required for it but couldn't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. No matter what I do I only get a flat image with no additional layers group. I'm trying to render camera 2, but even if I render all I just get separate PSD files with flat layers. I don't see any additional settings to adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be the reason is in Ps? I am not sure but try to reset preferences in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all is ok on my side. Like @Ares Hovhannesyan  i think you should reset preferences.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-23 à 01.35.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset preferences in both Photoshop and Stager without success. However, If I disable GPU render, I get my layers. This is much slower. Is this how it's supposed to work? Were you able to get layers with GPU render?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with GPU turned off and then i get the layers also, so its related to the gpu rendering it seems. With dimension i got them regardless though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on AMD Radeon RX 580. As I know it not supporteg with Stager. So I am not able to test. Anyway, cool that you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After speaking with support, I was informed that Layered PSD rendering is CPU only at the moment. It feels like this software was not ready for prime time. We're paying an extra subscription fee for an application that's lacking basic functions of what's included in Dimensions with the normal creative cloud plan. 

All changes | Substance 3D Stager (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources