• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A policy of bad Photoshop manipulations?

Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I love me some Dillard's, but they've been going a little crazy with the Photoshop. I first noticed it when many of the models regularly had flat knees. But what I saw today is even weirder. Dillard's is removing the arch of the foot in their pictures of shoes. This poor model has the worst case of flat feet ever Antonio Melani Lynnette Ankle Strap and Buckle Wedges | Dillards. I wouldn't want these shoes if they did that to my feet!

What repeat offenders have you seen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, we were feeling really bad about this, so we had a bit of a whip round, and got you some spare numbers to be going on with. 

So is it a Mac/Safari thing?  Anything to do with very high res screens?  Browser blend modes (the sort of thing that Chris used to tell us was the reason it was hard to fix work path line thickness and colours)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[snipped]

IMG_4814.PNG

Um, thanks Trevor! [aside on]What, no dragons, beasts, creatures rising from the numbers?[/aside off] These numbers will be useful when I need to take my scissors and pot of glue to paste them on my screen to identify to threads!

Abambo, I will even share them with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I count only to 3! Everything above is many!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

Everything above is many!

Yoda you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's ok. He's a genius.

B8569E5F-9E03-4DC7-929E-FC7AC744EDD5.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may see from the screenshot: I was in the threads. The “Correct answer” apears only with the forum thread, not with the inbox.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

You don't see these?  They appear on all three browsers I have installed.  I wonder if it is a Mac/Windows thing

Yes, it was the Target advert that had me laughing.

I tried on Mac, iPad, and Windows. No numbers! Do I have to turn them on?

Did you watch the clip with the "long-armed" model from the disastrous Target ads on Ellen DeGeneres that I posted earier?

This is from Mac:

This is from iPad:

This is from Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines