• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here is a list of unique birds. Which you should know.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved seeing them! I'm a birdwatcher, and here are some birds I photographed at my house (Austin, Texas):

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

birds MYRTLE WARBER D80.jpg

Roadrunner

birds-85086282_roadrunner_dscn3605-[640x480].jpg

Black-Chinned Hummingbird

bbirds-lack-chinned-hummingbird-d80-136--051.jpg

Black-Crested Titmouse looking in my kitchen window

birds-BLACK-CRESTED-TITMOUSE-msD8083birds009.jpg

Golden-Fronted Woodpecker

birds-Golden-Fronted-Woodpecker-1633.jpg

Painted Bunting

BIRDS-513608561_painted-bunting-d80-136-004.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't live near Alberta, the only Canadian wildlife we see are your migrating geese.  They stop here in the spring on their trek south and march in single file through town leaving goose droppings everywhere.  It's their version of Spring Break.

The rest of the year, we have frequent visits from barn owls, eagles, hawks, falcons, hummingbirds, orioles, parrots, finches, sparrows, ravens, swallows, doves, blue jays & mocking birds who imitate car alarms (no joke).

We briefly had a visiting peacock who ran away from home.  He stayed with us for a while and then one day decided to go home. Peacocks are beautiful but VERY noisy.  I don't recommend them as pets.

We also have bats but that's another story...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first moved into a house I lived in 10 years ago, I thought one of my neigbors must have a rooster. it turned out to be a peacock. SOOOO noisy. Pretty though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know Purina actually makes a peacock chow?   I'd never heard of it until our "visitor" arrived.  😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like my neighbour . Loud and a show off. Expects the whole neighbourhood to flock to him too and defend him. Probably needs it.🙄

Anyways lots of bats, screech owls, chickadees and all other common birds here too. No parrots that I know of other then the ones people own. One bird I've seen recently that's about the size of a robin and very much like it only yellow. Not really sure what kind of bird that is. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No parrots that I know of other than the ones people own.

By@PaintedKitty

===========

Stories abound about where our wild parrots & parakeets came from that date back decades.

http://californiaparrots.us/articles_cont_003_comefrom.html

We know we have a large family of resident parrots nearby from their incessant chatter. Parrots are very social & love to talk to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh that's so cool! We use to go to Florida every year and I remember seeing colonies mango coloured love birds in some of the palm trees near a church parking lot. They look so happy living there in their palm tree nests.

I know there's some parrot colonies in Michigan living on university grounds. I think they're mostly green with red wing tips? Its been awhile since I've seen the story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines