• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hot Weather

Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now (3:23 PM) it is 111 degrees in Portland OR (weather station is at the airport) and supposed to get to 114 on Monday

Too hot to do anything outside... wife watered plants in pots this morning and I gave some food to goldfish in the pond

We put a note inside the rain flap on our mailbox, and yesterday the US Postal driver came to the door and accepted a cola

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monday 4PM it is 115

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were only 96 degrees today, but it was perfect weather for me to apply some cold patch to a driveway, pouring water onto my hat as I tamped it manually.  Then I got in my air conditioned truck and rolled over in forward, then in reverse, then in forward, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stay safe and well-hydrated. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>pouring water onto my hat

I don't have one now, but I've ridden my Harley from Vancouver WA to the Sturgis rally twice

Simple cooling was to fill my helmet at each stop, and let the water run all over me when I put my helmet back on (I had my wallet in a zip lock bag in my pocket) to keep cool for 1.5 to 2 hours... then another stop and helmet fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty bad for you all up there. Hope you get some relief soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wish I could send you some of our typical dreich Scottish weather for a swap !!

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>send you some of our typical dreich Scottish weather

A bottle of Macallan 12Yr Double Cask would be better 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly John, in your current heatwave I suspect it would evaporate as soon as you took out the cork.

Either that or accelerate a disastrous forest fire !!

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My house has an air conditioner so cool inside... I treat Scotch very gently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so do not miss the HOT HUMID summers in New York City.

Here in Germany summer is much milder.  You get one or two super hot weeks. Which is no fun as in Germany air conditioning is rare unless you go to certain stores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Death Valley, the hottest place in North America and one of the hottest deserts on planet Earth is the benchmark standard for HOT.  When Portland, OR and Lytton, BC reached/exceeded Death Valley's high temperatures last week, it underscored (again) that climate change is here and we need to fix it.  BTW, this isn't political.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long before the industrial age the nation of Greenland was much warmer than it is now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

The current climate change could certainly be influenced by what mankind does, but there have also been climate changes in the past that have nothing to do with mankind

I don't know the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the solution

==========

Although it wasn't designed for this purpose exactly, several starshades deployed in Earth's orbit might provide some short-term relief from our sun's rays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh don't complain about the glorious hot and humid weather. Before you know it you'll be freezing your "pattootty" off and any one with glasses will have those sticking to their faces. I LOVELOVE LOVE the hot and steamy weather. Oh and nope on those that wanna change and manipulate the weather by putting in those chemicals and space shades into our skies. NOPE!  Summer Foever!   :soft_ice_cream: :desert_island: :palm_tree: :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom: :tropical_drink: :sun: Fall and winter BOOOOOO!👎

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the wake of hurricane Ida, this chilling 3:42 minute home video from New Jersey has gone viral.  I'm posting 2 links below in case one doesn't work.

New York Post:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/nj-man-captures-moment-tornado-devastated-his-home-in-chilling-video/

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/100007786577088/videos/1696299003895842/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith,

Did you see this article in The New Yorker?

Seventy-Two Hours Under the Heat Dome

A chronicle of a slow-motion climate disaster that became one of Oregon’s deadliest calamities.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/10/18/seventy-two-hours-under-the-heat-dome?utm_source=pocke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had not see that... interesting, informative... and sad about the people who died

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines