Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

A book was never going to stop that round.  What on earth were they thinking?!

what could possibly go wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

Trevor.Dennis   wrote

A book was never going to stop that round.  What on earth were they thinking?!

what could possibly go wrong?

The case inspired this person to do some testing with a Desert Eagle, but firing through two packs of A4 (10x8) printer paper, so 1000 pages of 80swg tightly packed paper.

Interestingly, the bullet does not make it all the way though, and the hollow point round he used spread out so much it was unable get completely though the second pack.  Do we know what type of round Monalisa Perez used?  Probably FMJ or even an AP!  They appeared to be that stupid.

And to see what an armour piercing .50 caliber round can do fired from a Barrett M82

I always thought of the Barrett as a sniper rifle, but it was of course designed as an anti-material weapon intended to kill vehicles.  Other than shotguns on the farm where I grew up, I have only ever fired a gun once in my life when a buddy persuaded me to go to the range with him in the UK, but I read a lot, and when I encounter hardware in a book, I like to pause and hit Google to find out about it.

BTW  My lasting memory from my trip the range was not firing my mate's ex WWII Webley revolver, but of the person using a black powder pistol next to us.  It was quite beautiful from an engineering view point, and after firing all six rounds, we could barely see each other through the smoke, yet alone the targets we were supposed to be firing at.  To this day, I still wonder what it must have been like in the American Civil War with hundreds of pistols and a good few canons firing black powder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe they should have stood behind the gun instead of behind the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a TV series called "Mythbusters" where they would test out  a lot of crazy things  and  I'm sure a few went wrong, but they were professional enough not to get injured or killed.

Long story short, leave the edgy stuff to the pros.

Another YouTube vid that made news here was in Mexico, where some teenager sloshed on alcohol insulted a Cartel member online and got 15 bullets for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back on track to the silly pictures

Confusion.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have some great adverts here though.  I think this is my favourite. 

Culture Pub was one of the best French TV shows, and since we are mostly designers and logos makers let's appreciate one of the best opening credits ever made (with dozens of logos): Culture Pub - Le Générique - YouTube

Joyeux Noël !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (219).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

Screenshot (219).png

I worked for a while in a department that dealt with the instrumentation of vehicles and components to measure and record test results, so my colleagues were supposedly technically competent.  Which is why it surprised me one day, when a work mate asked how TV companies were able to assess how many people watched their programs.  He thought — and he swears he was not winding me up — that it was by measuring how much signal was absorbed from the air, and by association, what signal strength they needed to broadcast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christmas cracker joke:

Q) What was the snowman doing in the carrot patch?

A) Picking his nose.

https://www.colourbox.com/preview/4960763-cheerful-snowman.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Death of a snowman…

DeathOfASnowman.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

calvin - snow sharks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital age humour

​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Galaxy will fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slightly exaggerated but not by much.  New Years Celebrations from around the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15672780_752109561613111_1279965352624040462_n.jpg?oh=8426e8cce8b4db18097e797d7dd1b81a&oe=5AFE1A9D

A malted milk shake and ham sandwich cost 25 cents. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are those things in the bowl and why arn't they wrapped in plastic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15672780_752109561613111_1279965352624040462_n.jpg?oh=8426e8cce8b4db18097e797d7dd1b81a&oe=5AFE1A9D

A malted milk shake and ham sandwich cost 25 cents. 

And the Fonz would restart the jukebox with nothing more than a stern look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e00475ef011a21676bc120fb4aaf37b0--happy-new-year-facebook.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google in the early days:

google-classic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

Google in the early days:

google-classic.jpg

I can remember thinking that Google were cheeky upstarts butting in on Alta Vista and its Babel Fish translator.  Then ISTR Ask Jeeves forcing itself on me, but it is a bit sketchy.  Nowadays Google is like a magic trick, being not only unbelievably fast searching mind numbing amounts of data, but it has an amazingly clever search algorithm.  It feels like it does not just search for the actual words you used, but applies a thesaurus to most of them to come with its extraordinarily effect fuzzy search.  Are there other search engines that can do as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Are there other search engines that can do as well?"

Someday...in the future. Nothing remains on top forever without experiencing the bottom eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Cactus+Cowboy  wrote

" Are there other search engines that can do as well?"

Someday...in the future. Nothing remains on top forever without experiencing the bottom eventually.

I might have agreed with you 10 years ago but not now.  Google's diversity is their single greatest strength.

Did you know that Google accurately predicts flu outbreaks 3-4 days ahead of the CDC & WHO?  The centers gather their data from hospitals and physicians who have reported cases.   Google looks at trending search phrases containing flu, flu symptoms, flu treatments... and accurately concludes which areas are being hardest hit right now.  I think that's amazing.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that's pretty interesting ... and useful use of search phraseology.

I just wish the CDC was able to predict better which flu strains to include in the vaccine ... this year, officially ... the flu vaccine is between 10% and 33% effective. Because, as they explain, they have to predict ahead of time which to include and sometimes get it wrong.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

I just wish the CDC was able to predict better which flu strains to include in the vaccine ...

Flu mutates very quickly.  While one strain breaks out on the east coast, it could very well mutate into another one by the time we get it in the west. So  I don't think any flu vaccine is  more than about 50% on target.  Still I guess it's better than nothing.  Even a slight reduction in severity could mean the difference between sweating it out at home and landing in the hospital. 

Stay well everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines