Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Guide ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to resurrect this thread.

Wrapping.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DagKHFKXUAAUo45.jpg orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two back at you.

Lunch.jpg

Kawfeeeeee.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video reminds me of some threads on these forums:

The Expert (Short Comedy Sketch) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

This video reminds me of some threads on these forums:

The Expert (Short Comedy Sketch) - YouTube

Reminds me of client meetings. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have meetings like that as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort of understand it: management logic meets specialty logic.

There was this company that made a custom piece of electronic equipment and charged a set price for it. The technology was tubes and other components, so it needed a large metal box.

Time goes by and solid state electronics takes over reducing the space needed, so they made a smaller box for it.

The customer got very upset that they were obviously were using a smaller box and charging the same amount, so he balked at paying the same price for it. He just saw the box size, not the function, design as well as rising costs, and did not want to hear anything else.

So the contractors went back and put the new electronics in the same size large box they used before to keep him happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 'The customer is always right'... Even when they are clueless has been the death of many internet services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

So the contractors went back and put the new electronics in the same size large box they used before to keep him happy.

Packaging is everything.  And yes, size matters .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to love seeing new additions to this thread, so I've woken it up.

Obligatory cat meme

And she isn't even Spetsnaz

And my favourite, (because you can always use it to practice your selection technique if it doesn't make you laugh).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IRISH HUNTERS.

Apologies to the Irish among us.

Two Irishmen flew to  Canada on a hunting trip. They chartered a small plane to take them into the Rockies for a week hunting moose.

They managed to bag 6. As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.

The two lads objected strongly. "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."

Very reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were eventually loaded. The plane took off. However, while attempting to cross some mountains, even on full power, the little plane couldn't possibly handle the load and went down.  Somehow, surrounded by the moose bodies, only Paddy and Mick survived the crash.

After climbing out of the wreckage, Paddy asked Mick,

"Any idea where we are ... ?"

Mick replied,

"I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year .. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reminds me of another joke Trevor.

Paddy had just finished wallpapering his living room and his naber called in and asked him how many rolls of wallpaped did he by for the room. He replied fifteen roles and five packets of past. His naber bought the then rolls and the seven packets of paist and when he finished papering his room that was exactly the same sizes as his neighbor he found that he only used six proals of paper and two packets of paist. He called into his number and said I got the fifteen ralls of paper and the seven packets of paist and I have  nine rolls of paper and  seven packets of paist bit I have Nine rolls of paper over and four packets of paist. His naber sait SO DID I?  

Cheers.

Mike Irish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to go with this National Geographic photo I saw on Twitter. At first I thought it was a CG creation, but it's just really great photographic composition, nothing more.

Dfu0jZpUYAA2EK2.jpg orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pastedImage_9.png

A real Russian woman can carry several tree trunks, and the truck.

femme russe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another subject entirely: Here is a product name I never thought I would actually see.

Soylent.jpg

At least they don't seem to offering a Green version... yet.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I did wonder if the word might have an actual meaning in a non English language, but the only references I could find related either directly, or indirectly, to the movie and book.  No surprises that the food products bearing the name, come from California.  Hey, so we don't just get to smile from this thread.  We sometimes get to learn 'vital' new information .

Soylent (meal replacement) - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fictional name, nothing more. I wish I knew the legal gymnastics. I think if they wanted to make a movie with Soylent in the title, that would be a problem, but for a real food product, I don't know.

Back then a book was published in 1968 titled "The Population Bomb", stoking fears that world population growth would overtake resources. That was the crisis belief the movie was based on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the movie title was original, as the book it was 'loosely' based on was called Make Room! Make Room and by Harry Harrison of course.  The book was published in 1966, and the Soylent food company was started 48 years later in 2014 after a crowd funding campaign.  It makes you wonder how honest venture capitalists make a living nowadays.   

Soylent (meal replacement) - Wikipedia

Google tells me that the copyright work published between 1923 and 1978 in the United States, lasts for 95 years, so perhaps the food company came to an arrangement with Harry's estate? 

Well that filled ten minutes of my afternoon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that with this leader of the free world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, you and I have an unfair advantage when it comes to reading stuff they see as upside down in the northern hemisphere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent too many years in the sign business, setting up backwards signs to be applied to the inside of the window (readable from outside) and things like that. It actually took me a moment to realize that WAS upside down and backwards.

Good joke though. I will pass it along. Thank you for the laugh.

Speaking again for a moment about the movie Soylent Green; below is a still of a scene from the movie -- just before the food riot starts. I first really noticed it only a few years ago. Look at the sign in the background. It has led me to wonder; is it coincidence, or is that where the band Green Day got the idea for their name?

soylent.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local San Francisco Bay Area slang: Green Day FAQ - GreenDay.net

Why are they called Green Day? The phrase "green day" is Bay-area slang for a day with lots of green bud where you just sit around taking bong hits, hanging around. Billie Joe picked the phrase up from friends while chilling in his "habitat" (in the basement of a Berkeley University building), and wrote the song Green Day about his first pot experience. The group changed their name from Sweet Children to Green Day in 1990. Note too that Ernie from Sesame Street has also uttered the phrase Green Day (Ernie also appears on Dookie... coincidence?).

So that their take, but what a coincidence. Maybe a stoner watching the movie originally made up the phrase, but the band says different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a long shot. Just one of those odd happenstances, then.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall,  there were 3 flavors of  Soylent products -- red, yellow and green.  Green was by far the most poplar flavor and there was a mad rush to get some on Soylent Green Day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines