Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Blimey Nancy.  That is amazing.  It looks like CGI, but blooming well done.

One such vehicle was the Capri.   We had the V6 3L built on a Corsair floor pan...   Large parts of the body shape where made out of wood, and literally held together with duct tape and screws.  The problem being we were still apprentices who sought thrills and knew no fear, and the 3L V6 was definitely not faked.  I have no idea how we survived.

I claim no credit for it.  I found it on the Internet. 

The 3L V6 is a formidable engine.   But my sentimental favorite is still the Ford  302 V8.  My dad owned a '69 Fairlane and a '70 Galaxy.  The Fairlane was my personal driving favorite.   There was an empty track that we called "thrill hill" situated on LAX airport property near the pacific ocean.  We climbed to the top of the hill at full throttle.  If the car was fast enough, it became airborne for a few precious seconds as we lost our stomachs.   Hence the "thrill hill" name.   The landings were a bit rough on the suspension though.   Definitely not something I would try in my Ford Focus.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, unfortunately V8 engined cars were a rarity in the UK until fairly recently.  Rover had a 3.5L V8 which was based on a Buick/Oldsmobile engine, and that was used in various exotic British sports cars from Morgan, TVR, Marcos, and larger production vehicles like Range Rover and Land Rover.  What we didn't have was the big V8 sedans people in America enjoyed.   Incidentally, I owned two Ford Focus and absolutely loved them.  We got up to 18% employee discount on new models, which was nice until it came to home time and you had to find your car in an ocean of near identical vehicles.

Leslie, I just 'love' your illustrations!  The fur trim is masterful right down to the feint blue shadow.  Dare I ask how you did it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor! I have a couple of Photoshop brushes I use for fur and for things like curly frizzy hair. I set them to 100% angle jitter so the jagged edges don't repeat and can form a more natural edge. I make some of them, also make my own custom shapes, and I also use some wonderful brushes made by one of my favorite illustrators, Mr. Chris Wahl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guessed it was something like that.  I bought a load of brushes from Aaron Blaise recently, including some very nice fur and hair brushes.  Adding angle jitter to any of those would make a nice fur ball.

Image result for aaron blaise hair and fur brushes

I made this preset a few years back when we were looking at the new (at the time) Corel Paricalshop plugin, and seeing if we could reverse engineer them. 

Looking back at the Particleshop thread, I started with a different shape, and used different colours, but it is the same angle (and hue) jitter that forms the basic building block.  If you do look at the Aaron Blaise presets, his cloud brushes are the best I have ever come across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great examples, Trevor! sometimes I just draw a wavery line and set it to 100% angle jitter, then adjust the spacing. It makes a great birthday hat topper or scraggly cat fur etc:

brush.jpg

brush2.jpg

brush-3.jpg

............................................................................................................................

brush4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ponytail1414  wrote

Great examples, Trevor! sometimes I just draw a wavery line and set it to 100% angle jitter, then adjust the spacing. It makes a great birthday hat topper or scraggly cat fur etc:

.......................................................................................... ..................................

I'm guessing that you check Build-Up to make a fury ball without moving the brush?

A few that amused me me today.

I am so going to try this one out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun and funny stuff Trevor and Ponytail.  Thanks for the smiles.  JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so awesome, Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ponytail1414  wrote

No more Washington apples for me. The entire Pacific coast has lost their minds.

$5500 for a bag. I doubt anyone in the agri biz is going to want pass that on to the consumer. More like the next of kin finally getting that lazy uncle to help with the garden.

No worries. You can get your Washington apples, Ponytail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Musicians: This instrument is very dear to me. I got it custom made when i was just a wee lad. It's priceless and it's been by my side for as long as I can remember. I  cherish it

Artists: *slams graphic tablet against edge of desk* turn the pen pressure back on you piece of #@!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ponytail1414  wrote

No more Washington apples for me.

There are five apple orchards within two miles of my home here in New York State.  We know all of the owners and how they grow their apples. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotted on Google Earth (it was learned that the guy had painted his garage purple over the objections of his neighbors):

GOOGLE EARTH.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one ponytail414! Love the carved land sign most of all.  Here is one for all. Enjoy! It is up for auction now. JHoriginal-bond-goldfinger-aston-martin-db5-auction-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two to start the week:

Temple.jpgAnitGov.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aslap.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F6DCFA0D-EA7C-4A8D-A6E9-053CED8CC8F2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e

I expect the wife to come out any minute, "Dear, if you don't know the answer, just say so!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Designers in the forums and anyone else interested, Ikea has released a font set.

Ikea releases free ‘Soffa Sans’ font made of couches - The Verge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are the kind of moron questions I always had trouble with at school because its not clear if the teacher wants a quarter of the 12 she has now or a quarter of the whole 16 she started with... i refused to do these tests from about age 10 and as far as I know schools here in Australia are still giving kids these BS tests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always guessed they wanted to give math real world relevance, like counting change, but how many people get on or off a bus doesn't matter until I can get a seat. They still use them in IQ tests to see how well you pay attention to detail.

My favorite is where you are the bus driver and they go through how many got on and off the bus over three stops, but they end the quiz with,

"How old is the bus driver?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

these are the kind of moron questions I always had trouble with at school because its not clear if the teacher wants a quarter of the 12 she has now or a quarter of the whole 16 she started with... i refused to do these tests from about age 10 and as far as I know schools here in Australia are still giving kids these BS tests

Not to mention that the she in the final question is ambiguous. Are we asking about Tracey's or Rachel's final chocolate bar count?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm autistic, what most would call "high functioning Asperger's". (Many of us would rather be called asperger's as he was bright and observant of "us", whereas Mr. Kanner, who coined "autism", was a jerk studying human ... bugs.)

And my brain works nearly completely in analysis and it's allied capability, synthesis. It does everything in that mode.

Which explains much of my difficulty as a child dealing with the stupid adults who came up with such questions. How do you answer a question with SO many possible variables to the parts of the question?

Which would oft get the exasperated response "There ARE no variables in that question!"

At which point I would occasionally begin discussing the variance between mental capabilities as to discerning such things.

I was not always popular with adults in "education".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had any knowledge of Mr. Kanner, who saw us as freaks, I hope you would not comment as you did. His practices and "leadership" caused many people to be set aside without training and warehoused in mental facilities as useless idiots. Who with any appropriate training and education would have led useful lives.

Our youngest son would have been one: instead, he will graduate from George Fox College  next year without accomodations.

You apparently would have been quite comfortable if he was sent to a mental institution at age 4 or 5. Simply because some Noted Authority said so. Warehoused the rest of his life.

If you are uncomfortable calling such a person no worse than a jerk, well ... that's rather concerning.

And anyone with blind obeisance to Authority scares me. I, as anyone, had wonderful teachers at times, and also the folks that had either done it too long and were bored. And those who simply couldn't stand anything other than slavish obedience from their pupils.

Who insisted they be treated as demigods. But had little understanding or interest in actually teaching.

I had a 5th/6th grade teacher who was also the principal. And wished absolute obeisance in her classes and that the parents in the parent's club supporting the school give pure and simple lip-service to Her Commandments.

My parents, like most other adults in our farming community, had their own minds. So that teacher took her anger and frustration on me. As she had on my sister before me.

If anyone laughed or whispered out of turn, I was publicly blamed and punished as "clearly the instigator". As the oddball kid, no one ever allowed me to "instigate" them to anything but mocking me.

I behaved more properly than about anyone in class, but no matter ... she made my life as hellish as she could. (Her knowledge base was also sadly outdated.)

The saving grace for me was being in the EA classes ... subtle "we" were in the early 60's. "Educationally Advanced" .. special classes where a few from each 5th/6th grade were taken by parents to centralized grade schools fo a 1.5 hour class twice a week. With an incredible, loving, and inspiring teacher.

Studying the geological history of Oregon, the scientific names/descriptions of the trees and shrubs, DNA/RNA replication, marine biology, Shakespeare with ALL the innuendos, Haiku and other poetic forms ... pure Heaven for my younger self.

That has been my experience  ... some people are wondrous, most get by, and some are less than wondrous. I do not slavishly worship the latter simply because they got a particular job.

I naturally am very polite in public  ... that is the basis for civil society. As, if you asked any of the many ACPs "here" who have met and worked with me, you would be told.

And I don't write harsh criticism of people I know nothing about.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now for something completely different. 

Southern California has been a rockin' & rollin' since the 4th of July.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Nancy, We lived right there three years and drove over highway 58 into mid-valley. We had shakes 3 - 4 mag. every couple of weeks. Nothing as big as the last one 7.2. It's getting closer to the BIG ONE. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines